In this blog you’ll find out what an epic business is (and what it isn’t!). You might well be surprised by what you’re about to read, because it isn’t standard business advice.
What makes a business epic?
In my world, an epic business is:
- Your way to make the world a better place
- More about serving than earning (although earning is good too, of course)
- A beautiful bundle of all your talents, gifts and experiences
- Where you feel completely in your element and supremely confident
- The ultimate expression of what you have to give to the world
So, to put it in a nutshell: it’s the most quintessential part of you wrapped up as a business offering. Doing that brings you great joy and deep satisfaction. And that in turn, of course, leads to highly satisfied clients.
What isn’t part of an epic business?
- A way to escape doing business
- An excuse to charge less than your services are worth (seriously)
- A reason not to grow
So, to be clear, we’re still talking about a business here, not a hobby or a way to keep very busy and avoid tricky stuff.
What kinds of businesses can be epic?
Epic businesses are heart-centred business. Anyone with a business who works with people and wants to make their lives better can have an epic business. Examples are coaches, healers and trainers. Often these business owners are interested in unchartered territories, energies or the esoteric.
Each epic business is epic is its own way, no two are identical. How could they be if your business is so completely about you?
However, I’ve identified a number of epic business types. Find out which type you are here.